Monday, May 22, 2006

Feathers and a Squeak

Apparently I'm not the only one Kitty is finding outside more often. Today my son and his friend saw Kitty heading for the cat flap with something in it's mouth. I headed down into Henrik's suite and sure enough I heard a squeak from the shower stall. There was Kitty, who had the mouse cornered, and the mouse too afraid to move.

I grabbed the CD container and the magazine again, and trapped the mouse with no problem. I set the mouse on the table and gave the cat a package of soft meat. The dry kibble bowl was still half full, but I topped it up while I was there.

There were some small grey feathers on the floor, too. I took a quick glance around, to see if maybe there was a live bird hanging around, but it seems I didn't make it in time to rescue that "guest".

See you soon, Henrik!

1 Comments:

Blogger *jeanne* said...

My little Bill, when he was still an out-door kitty, used to be a very good hunter. The most heart-breaking for me was when he caught a little goldfinch. Bright yellow feathers all over the garage floor, right outside our laundry room.

He never ate the rodents he got (I guess he caught them as sport, but didn't like the taste. He always left rodents as "gifts" for us on the doormat. Yuck.) He always devoured the birds.

And one poor, unlucky baby rabbit. That was heart-breaking for me, too. Nature can be SO savage.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home